There will be a fldig/flmsg workshop at OES 50 Glacier Drive, Martinez, on Saturday, August 6, 2016, 9:00 to noon.
Jim KJ6SNF, John KN6SQ, and Dave N6ORB have helped me develop the syllabus.
The focus will be on moving files between computers and between stations in a Net Control Station (NCS) environment. (For newbies we will have a breakout group to get you on the air, so there will be something for every level of expertise.)
- Using flmsg offline to create ICS forms even when not near a radio (e.g. for later transmission). An example would be recording verbal information (maybe from a CERT with a FLS/GMRS radio) for later disposition.
- How to store that form.
- How to transfer that form with either a thumbdrive (to an adjacent computer), flmsg, or fldigi (see below).
- Copying a notepad file into ICS 213.
- Creating a macro for keyboard to keyboard communication.
- Creating a macro to send a file. You create a file folder on your desktop (or other handy location), and identify that folder in the macro. You can then populate that folder with notepad files. Once sent, empty that folder and repopulate with the next message.
- The power of the notepad for message transfer.
Bring a laptop, an HT, and a thumbdrive.
Make sure your laptop has the latest fldigi/flmsg versions from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/
For fldigi setup guidance go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN2QPZZzkn4&feature=youtu.be